Bird Dog Crunches:
This exercise works on your lower back and midriff simultaneously.
- Get on your hands and knees on the floor in what is called a quadruped or ‘Dog’ position.
- Take your right arm straight out and extend your left leg straight behind you.
- Do a crunch by bringing your knee and elbow to meet each other.
- Extend them back to the starting position and then repeat.
2. Floor Exercise For Back:
This exercise improves your posture and makes your back stronger.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent, and your feet spread out.
- Arch your back and point your pubic bone towards your feet.
- Hold for 5 seconds. Relax and flatten your back. While doing this pull your belly button towards the floor.
- Hold for 5 seconds and then relax. Repeat.
- Start with 5 repetitions each day. Build up to 30.
3. Kettlebell Swings:
The Kettlebell swing targets upper back fat.
- Stand with feet wide apart with the kettlebell on the ground in front of you.
- Bending forwards, hold the kettlebell handle with both hands and come into a standing position with your arms straight in front of you.
- Bend your knees slightly and swing the kettlebell between your legs and out in front of you, till the level of your chest.
4. Cheerleader Raise:
This exercise will raise your heart rate and targets the shoulders and trims the excess flab from your upper back.
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart.
- Hold a dumbbell on your side with your right hand.
- Keep the left hand on your hip.
- Raise the dumbbell above your head.
- Raise the left knee towards the right elbow. This will ensure a good stretch and also provide calorie burn.
5. Cobra Pose:
The Cobra exercise for back fat targets upper back muscles.
- Lie face-down on a yoga mat with your arms at your side. Keep your palms facing down.
- Keeping your abs and ‘glutes’ stretched, lift your chest off the floor while inhale slowly, making sure that your navel remains in touch with the ground.
- Simultaneously raise your arms and back backwards, with your palms facing upwards.
- At the same time, lift your legs a few inches off the floor.
- Remain in the pose for a count of 3 and come back to the beginning position by exhaling. Aim for 8 to 10 repetitions.