Amavatari Ras is a Ras Aushadhi of Ayurveda. Mercury is known as Rasa in Ayurveda and medicine that is prepared using purified mercury, purified Sulphur along with other ingredients is named as Ras aushadhi (Mercurial Preparations). Para, Parad, Rasa or mercury is a heavy metal that remains liquid at room temperature. It is used in Ayurveda only after proper detoxification as per classical Ayurvedic texts. Parad is an ingredient of numerous medicines due to its powerful medicinal properties. It balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Ras aushadhi (Parad containing medicine) are fast acting. They nourish the whole body and has tonic, aphrodisiac, rejuvenative, anti-aging, wound-healer, and antimicrobial effect. The combination of mercury with other medicinal ingredients enhances the therapeutic efficacy of medicine due to Yovani property of parade.
Home Made Ingredients
- Rasa – Herbal purified Mercury – 10 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 20 g
- Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula – 10 g
- Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica – 10 g
- Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn. – 10 g
- Vahni – Lead Wort (root) – Plumbago zeylanica – 40 g
- Guggulu – Indian bedelium (gum resin) – Commiphora Mukul – g0 g
- Erandataila – Castor oil – Ricinus communis – quantity sufficient for grinding.
Side Effects Of Amavatari Rasa
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous,since it contains heavy metal ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy,lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
- Amat and also useful in Arthritis. Useful in pain and swelling over joints. The formulation contains ingredients with Ampachak and Firehawk properties by virtue of which it metabolizes “Ama” the causative factor of Arthritis and enhances therapeutic response.
- Baidyanath Amavatari Ras – AmavatariRasis an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form.It is used in the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis.This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.This medicine is most commonly used in north Indian Ayurvedic practice.
- Uses Of Amavatari Ras: It is used in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.It helps to relieve pain,inflammation and improves joint movement and flexibility.
- Dose – 1 to 2 tablets(125 to 250mg) to be taken in the morning and evening with Maharasnadi Kwath or as directed by the Physician.
- Dosage –250 – 500 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, hot water.
[bg_collapse view=”button-orange” color=”#4a4949″ expand_text=”Show More” collapse_text=”Show Less” ]